03 maart 2010

 

Visit to South Africa




Recently Hanneke van Ormondt and I have visited CARE, a chacma baboon sanctuary in South Africa, run by Rita Miljo and some dedicated volunteers and staff. We also visited the Vervet foundation that shelters vervet monkeys and is run by David and Josie Du Toit.

The reason for this visit was for me to learn from both centers how to run a sanctuary for primates under often difficult circumstances in Africa. Also at CARE I got ideas for the first enclosure that we are going to build for Barbary macaques in Morocco. Both sanctuaries have plans or have already reintroduced their groups back to the wild, with success, and that is something we might be doing in the future in Morocco too.

I was very impressed with both sanctuaries. CARE is located along the Olifants river near Kruger national park and is a trully magical and wild place, where so many baboons, that until recently were considered vermin, are cared for with so much love. Rita and her team were extremely welcoming and I thank Rita so very much for her time and sharing all the information with me.

The Vervet foundation shelters many vervet monkeys that also come from the pet trade or are found in need of help and although it is set up totally different than CARE, due to the difference in species, I was also impressed by the huge enclosures and the dedication to sheltering this species. I am greatful to David and Josie for their time and information.

Comments:
Hello. And Bye.
 
Hello,
I have developed a new clean web 2.0 wordpress theme.

Has 2 colours silver and blue, has custom header(colour or image).
I am curently working on it, so if you have suggestions let me know.

You can view live demo and download from here www.getbelle.com
If you found bug reports or you have suggestions pm me.
Wish you a happing using.

many thanks to [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com/]USAInstantPayDay.com[/url] for paying the hosting and developement of the theme

IntetryPreade
 
hello bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that exact brand. The prices due to the fact that the boots were about 200 dollars on every site. But for all I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you say about it?
 
hello people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the boots are around 250 dollars everwhere. But definitively I base this area selling them for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what is your opinion?
 
good afternoon bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I was digging for that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are around 200 bucks on every page. But completely I found this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what do you think?
 
Extraordinary internet site.

Scandinavian seo advisor tendering low cost all-inclusive service (sokoptimering).
[url=http://www.smotop.se]SMOTop[/url]
http://www.smotop.se
 
Een reactie posten

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?